Monday, March 4, 2013

I Still Can't Believe I Did it. . . .

Y'all - I need to start with some confessions.

1) I love Coca-Cola. In all it's rampaging-not-good-for-you-over-sugared-glory.
2) I love chocolate.
3) I am lazy.

That being said, it should come as no surprise for you to learn that I am overweight. Obese, even. I wear size 16 pants due to the size of my thighs. With my clothes on, it's not that bad. But, y'all - I don't even want my husband to see me in the "all together". Which is killin' our love life, if you know what I mean.

So I actually DID something about it. Couch - to - 5K. Workout 1.

It's only a suggestionLet me just tell you how much I HATE to run. Everything jiggles. I live on the worst road ever for running.  See the Speed limit sign? It's just a suggestion. Our road is parallel to a main road, with a couple of different access points. Need to cut the red light? Just zip down our street. And try not to hit the idiot (me) running down the road.

And no, this is not something I just noticed. I, once upon a time, pre-children, did actually run this road on a regular basis. The traffic has gotten worse since the main road was enlarged.
 
 
Why yes, that is the world's biggest ditch. It might even qualify as a gully. It starts right across the street from our house and goes allllll the way down to the entrance of the closest subdivision with sidewalks. Some of these are deeper than I am tall. And the shoulder on the opposite side of the road is an uneven, careless mix of rocks, tree limbs, dead squirrels and ant beds. It's totally awesome-sauce.

Nevertheless, I did the run. Without music, because I apparently do not keep music on my phone. *Duh* And the happy girl voice on the C25K got called "bitch" a couple of times when she told me to run. I hate to run. Hate it. Hate i t.

There's my fabulous running ensemble: Pink Shrimp Festival hat, old sweater shirt from husband's scarcely worn stack, yoga pants, purple asics. And Yes, I did steal my son's Spiderman ear buds. And Yes, I did rigup my phone carrying sac using a Crown Royal bag. Look at that knot! BOBO fabulous, baby!

I plan to complain talk about every run I do. I really, really, really, really want to do the COLOR RUN on May 25, 2013 in Orange Beach! Will you come with me? Pretty please?

Wish me luck, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment