Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ouch! The Pain of Failure

Tuesday evening, as the glorious sun was setting over the azaleas, I drove to the Track with my hubby, Big D, and my boys N and J. The boys went to play on the playground to be Super Supervised by Big Daddy! I *tried* to get my third run on.

Had a pretty easy stroll for a warm up. It was good, I was thinking, I can do this. And then I got a twinge on my right ankle. Y'all I am known for my bad ankles. I can roll an ankle before you can say, "Holy Batshoes, Batman." Be super careful with your feet, I thought.

Nice try. Just when my Couch25K coach had just told me I hit the half way point, the Pain! started. Y'all I promise that this was not a mere burn of muscles working. This was a the-outside-of-my-calves-are-going-to-shred-off kind of pain. Even walking hurt. Baby steps hurt. I'd sat down if I thought that I wouldn't pass out.

Carefully, carefully, carefully, I made my way back to the park area where Big Daddy and boys were playing. Big D took one look at my face and said, "What's wrong? You look pale." Since my skin tone is already Casper the Friendly Ghost White, to notice I'm pale means I was white-white. I told him, and bless him he said, "We'd better go then so you can soak it out." I love this man, y'all!

Here it is Thursday, and I still hurt if I walk with swagger. (What? Y'all don't normally swagger?) So what am I doing wrong? Shoes? Heel-to-toe running combo? Or is it that I'm just that out of shape, which totally wouldn't surprise me at all.

*Sigh* No success without set backs right? Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment